Dealing with the IRS.

Receiving a letter from the Internal Revenue Service can be scary, confusing, nerve-wrecking, and frustrating.  If you receive a notice and you are trying to decipher it or can't understand it, do not panic, we can help!  Being your tax preparer, we can contact the IRS on your behalf, with your authorization and a signed Power-of-Attorney (Form 2848).  Effective March 1, 2012, a signed Form 2848 is required for each individual tax payer, regardless of marital status, however any joint designations filed by couples before that date remains valid, so they don't have to re-file separate 2848's.